– 20-Gigabit Performance (Full Duplex Operation) Per Port;
– Complies With IEEE 802.3ak Standard;
– Supports Twin-Axial Copper;
– Cable Lengths Up to 15 m to 20 m;
– Cost-Effective, Very High-Speed;
– Connection With Low Latency;
– No External Transceivers Required;
– 1-m Copper Cable Provided;
– Optional Copper Cables of Longer Lengths Available.
The D-Link CX4 port module provides enterprises with a highly affordable, low-latency 10- Gigabit network connection on the twin-axial copper cable. Significantly lower in cost than the fiber fable, this copper cable supports distances ranging up to 15 to 20 meters, depending on wire gauge. The CX4 port module does not require any transceiver to be installed, eliminating the need for costly fiber transceivers.
The CX4 port module slides into an open slot of a D-Link Gigabit switch. The port provides a very high bandwidth of 20-Gigabit operating in the full duplex mode. It can be used to stack the switches together in a very high bandwidth stacking scheme, or to uplink them to core chassis switches. It can also be deployed to connect to servers or network storage devices with CX4 support. The CX4 port module is thus an ideal solution for high-bandwidth network connections in high-performance computing clusters and for short distances within wiring closets.